10 to 12 high growth potential start-ups with strong tech focus across sectors (often SaaS, marketplaces, B2B) are selected per cohort and they are matched with successful exited entrepreneurs for tailored mentoring throughout the duration of the course.
The programme ‘market tests’ business ideas and models, to give entrepreneurs the best chance of success and investor readiness. This is done via:
- Weekly Academy classroom sessions and workshops (online)
- Weekly Mentoring from a dedicated Personal Business Mentor (all exited tech entrepreneurs)
- Fortnightly Accelerator Clinics
- 65 (remote access) hours of training, mentoring and support,
- Intensive, structured support around team, market and investor readiness.
- The opportunity to present to key early stage investors at the end of the programme.
- Attendance to other start up and Accelerator events
- Discounted and fixed fee legal and accounting services from our sponsor partners.
- Admittance to the Accelerator Academy Alumni (upon successfully completing the programme), providing ongoing support, events, investor introductions and regular news / offers.
This is a part-time programme that runs on Monday evenings.
Cost and Sponsorship
Sponsorship subsidises the Accelerator Academy, from partners who can give and get from their participation. Sponsors attend and speak at relevant sessions sharing their expertise. The upfront fee for accepted companies is £600 + VAT for the full 12 week programme, with the help of sponsor subsidies. Additionally, accepted companies agree to selling an aggregate of 5% of shares at a discounted (-20%) value split among The Accelerator Network (TAN) and your assigned exited entrepreneur mentor. This is a (dilutive) option to buy, and gives the opportunity to TAN and your mentor to invest financially in your business as it grows in the following 5 years, along with their knowledge and time investment during the Accelerator Academy programme, and support beyond the semester.
Meet Hugo Drayton, Exited Entrepreneur Mentor Accelerator Academy